Thursday, March 05, 2009

So odd, I might listen?

“I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death.” Philippians 1:20

“I know it sounds odd, but I have been blessed by having cancer. Yes, I hate being sick and knowing that my wife, kids, family, and friends have to watch me be in pain all the time. But I believe that God has blessed me with a better understanding of just how important life is and to truly know who holds each and every one of our lives in His hands. It is God and God alone who has the right and ability to condemn or save. He has given us this short time on earth to either love Him and bring Him glory, or deny Him and walk ourselves right into an eternity of darkness and pain. (Hell that is.) To all who don’t know God and have denied His existence, now is the time to truly ask yourselves, “Where am I going and why?” We are not judged solely on sin, we all are guilty of that, but we are judged on whether or not we believe that Jesus is who He says He is and whether or not we are willing to repent and turn from our sins and walk His way, or deny Him His rightful place in our hearts and remain dead and ultimately hell bound.
Life is so uncertain; I never thought that I would have cancer and have to live my life this way. Nobody knows when or where or how they will die but we all die one day and if we don’t address what happens when we do, we will be condemning ourselves already. Don’t waste your lives on purposeless things. Choose Christ who is life before it is too late and that choice is taken away from you forever. I love you all and hope that we will all be together in the end. Please consider these things I have said. There’s nothing more important than eternity.” --Sincerely, Klinton


My cousin Klinton graduated from this earth leaving behind a body riddled with cancer and a testimony filled with love. In his passing I have seen God’s glory be revealed not just to me, but also to other members of his family. It has made me look at my life and wonder, what kind of testimony am I leaving? Is it for my glory, or my Creator’s?
In watching my cousin pass, I was blessed by seeing his faith grow. I thank God for the witness that Klinton had and still has. I am so thankful for his testimony. His life has made me look at my life, who I hold dear, and what I live for more carefully. When he passed he made me come to grips with the questions, “Who am I? Where am I going? Why?”
Can you answer those questions? I pray that it will not take a loved one passing for you to consider what life is about. I know it sounds odd, but I thank death and the life it took, for it brought glory to God. --Garret

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sandy Cathcart said...

Goodness Garret! I thought you were talking about yourself at first and was already in tears!

Very good post and very good thoughts. So very glad to see you writing again.

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home